HUNTER ACADEMY OF SPORT Female Talent Program 2018
Nominations are now open for the Hunter Academy of Sport 2018 Female AFL NSW/ACT Athlete Development Program
The Female AFLNSWACT Athlete Development Program will provide recognition & motivation to
identified emerging talented athletes in the U14-16 age groups, with a stated goal to achieve selection
to into the NSW/ACT U16’s squad. The program will provide coaching, education, training &
competition to improve athlete development with the view to:
- Develop fundamental skill level of athletes, as well as providing educational & personal
- Prepare athletes to a level where their transition to any NSW State team is ‘seamless’.
- Increase the level of success of those athletes at competition & events in Female AFL nationwide.
- 20 weeks of training running from March-August 2018.
- Academy Games (inter-Academy tournament) entry.
- Athlete education sessions including specialised strength & conditioning coaching, sports psychology
- Open to all Females turning 14, 15 or 16 years of age in 2018 (born in 2004, 2003, 2002).
- Reside within the Hunter Region.
- Attend school within the Hunter Region.
- No AFL experienced necessary
Nominations close on Thursday, 8th February 2018.
Please Visit: http://www.hunteracademy.org.au/afl-girls-14-16-years for further information